Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sample Sunday.

It's my first Sample Sunday. So I thought I'd kick things off with the first chapter of my first novella "Ticker." This is a 11,000-word Novella told in 60 chapters. Starting from sixty to zero.





Sixty

TICK. Tick. Tick.
Twenty alarm clocks go off at exactly 11:00 AM.
The hotel room explodes in bells, rings, beeps, bonks, Koo-Koo chirps and Class rock radio.
Angela is stunned awake.
Her eyes try to focus.
She sees red out of the corner of her eyes.
“Hello Angela.” A muffled, modulated male, voice bellows over the alarm clocks.
“Wake up...Angela.” He orders
Angela raises her head.
The alarm clocks instantly stop. But the ringing in the young woman’s ears persist.
She feels a sharp pain on her left wrist.
Angela pulls her left arm. She tugs. 
She is handcuff to a small bag.
Angela reaches over, with her free hand, to inspect the bag.
“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” The voice announces. 
“It is 11 AM and 30 seconds. You have fifty-nine minutes and twenty-five seconds to live.” The voice says.
Angela stands up. She looks at the Mac laptop.
She is beginning to remember being chased in the parking garage at her job.
“No one would ever suspect a woman. If you are wondering why I chose you. A random choice. Congratulations.”
Angela looks down at the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment